I still don’t *really* understand what this site is or who uses it, but they gave me a (pro-bono) chance to shout out my favorite places for food, music, booze, caffeine, etc. in Los Angeles. Plus, they promised to call me an expert. To see my picks, go to Utrip, click “See Itinerary,” and then enter an arbitrary date (you’re not going to do this, I know, it’s okay). From there (ha), click on the little “Overview” tab above the map. FINALLY, you can scroll down Continue reading
Quick bloggy bits from around the L.A. underground (and up). Share ’em.
- FEATURED: Boyz Noize Remixes Chemical Brothers on ‘Swoon’*
- Oxnard Rapper MED Celebrates His Medical Pot Card in New Video
- MP3: Snoop Dogg & Quazedelic Shout Out the Güeros in New Song
- Baths Meets Mononoke in Samurai-Feat Vid for ‘Lovely Bloodflow’
* “The Chems have gotten noisier on their new album, but one of the smoother tracks is first single “Swoon.” Apologies, but this is not an electro megamix of the 2009 album by Silversun Pickups.”
(all stories via West Coast Sound, via L.A. Weekly)
A list of recommended L.A.-area shows for the coming week (plus clips for instant gratification). Click “details” for descriptions. More after the jump.
- Region: Los Feliz
Music: Korean Music Festival 8 (Kara, Beast, more)
Vitals: Hollywood Bowl on Saturday, May 1
(details at LA Weekly)