A brief list of things I collect: 1) Music. 2) Beer. So when Diffuser asked me to pair 21 brews of my choosing with their alt/indie/rock album equivalents, well, the work was already done. This was a labor o— hiccup! Er, sorry. What was I saying? Oh yeah: pop cap, hit play, cheers.
We’re getting caught up on two weeks of intense blogging for West Coast Sound. Here’s a round of straight news (“news news,” if you will), with a little playful vitriol thrown in for good measure (ahem, Ima Robot).
- FEATURED: Ima Robot: New Side-Project of the Magnetic Zeros?*
- John Frusciante in new indie super group Swahili Blonde
- Best Coast, Kid Cudi and a Vampire Weekender for Converse
- Flaunt Editor Kicks Off Publishing Imprint with Part Time Punks
- The Elusive Madlib Gives First U.S. Interview in Four Years
(all stories via West Coast Sound, via LA Weekly)
* “Just as the Magnetic Zeros’ reputation begins to eclipse the fame of Ebert’s former group, he resurrects the early-aughts dance-punkish outfit.“