No particular reason to post this right now — the show was several weeks ago — except to say this. If you haven’t yet fallen in love with Lissie, get your mind right, (wo)man. Catch her live the next chance you get. For now, you can read about the experience over at Spin.
Quick bloggy bits from around the L.A. underground (and up). Share ’em.
- FEATURED: M.I.A., Yorke, and More on Major Lazer EP*
- De La Rocha’s One Day as a Lion Plays Mystery L.A. Shows
- MP3: Dâm-Funk Goes Gangsta with Compton’s MC Eiht
- Watch: Best Coast, Cudi, Vampire Weekend’s Batmanglij
- Free Download: Calexico’s ‘Live in Nuremberg’ LP
(all stories via West Coast Sound, via L.A. Weekly)
* M.I.A. guests with Diplo, her one-time lover and longtime producer, on his’ new EP as Major Lazer, while Thom Yorke remixes “Jump Up.”
We’re getting caught up on two weeks of intense blogging for West Coast Sound. Here’s a round of straight news (“news news,” if you will), with a little playful vitriol thrown in for good measure (ahem, Ima Robot).
- FEATURED: Ima Robot: New Side-Project of the Magnetic Zeros?*
- John Frusciante in new indie super group Swahili Blonde
- Best Coast, Kid Cudi and a Vampire Weekender for Converse
- Flaunt Editor Kicks Off Publishing Imprint with Part Time Punks
- The Elusive Madlib Gives First U.S. Interview in Four Years
(all stories via West Coast Sound, via LA Weekly)
* “Just as the Magnetic Zeros’ reputation begins to eclipse the fame of Ebert’s former group, he resurrects the early-aughts dance-punkish outfit.“