Photog Wilson Lee and I hit Coachella 2015 for SPIN, and all we got were three manic daily diaries about Steely Dan melodics solos, run-ins with Rihanna, and heaping piles of hash browns. Plus, a bunch of fantastic photos and some floor drugs. Check it all out:
Q&A: Vice’s Hamilton Morris on Travelling the World in Search of Rare Highs (via Rosebud Magazine)
We did a little moonlighting for Rosebud. Jumped at the opportunity, in fact, to talk to a man who’s not only licked the Amazonian sapo frog, but ingested legit zombie dust (via The Serpent and the Rainbow) supplied by a Haitian shaman. Check out the chat with Hamilton Morris, host of Vice’s Pharmacopeia, here.
News Roundup: Dam-Funk + Slave, Jim Henson + Beat Music?!, Radiohead Donor Revealed, Trip-Out Tuesday, ASKA + Flea + Spike Jonze
Quick bloggy bits* from around the L.A. underground (and up).
- ‘Him Jenson’ Releases Wild Muppets Mixtape [MP3s]
- Dâm-Funk Making LPs w/ Steve Arrington, Nite Jewel [MP3]
- Trip-Out Tuesday: Psychedelic Visions from Red Sparowes
- And The Top Radiohead Benefit Donor Is… Dangerbird?
- ASKA of Moonrats Collaborates Flea, Spike Jonze
(all stories via West Coast Sound, via LA Weekly)
*If you like it, then you better put a tweet on it.